Health & Wellness Account Supervisor and/or Director
GCI’s Health & Wellness practice is seeking a qualified Account Supervisor and/or Director to effectively manage client files focusing on pharmaceutical brands, wellness brands and patient advocacy organizations.
As a key member of the practice, the identified candidate(s) will be tasked with planning communications activities, both traditional and social, that support overall client business objectives and provide measureable ROI, along with effective program management to implement core activities working with junior team members, including, but not limited to: materials development, influencer engagement (media, healthcare professionals, etc.), third-party vendor liaison, etc. Additionally, the candidate(s) will support new business development and marketing and will be tasked with budget development/budget management; reporting regularly to senior team members and clients.
GCI’s strengths as an employer are rooted in numerous employee engagement strategies focused on wellness and development, including:
- Employee training sessions designed to broaden employee skills;
- Subsidized cultural memberships to organizations such as the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and others;
- Education sessions on nutrition and meditation;
- In-Office chair-massage therapy sessions with an RMT;
- And more!
Our workplace culture and was recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area’s Top 100 Workplaces for the third consecutive year.
Key qualities of a GCIer:
- Customer/Client Focused: Focuses on anticipating customer needs and responsive to customer issues
- Accountable: Accepts accountability for driving and delivering results and achieving outcomes
- Collaborative: Can work effectively in teams/groups, sharing workload and rewards willingly with a team. Builds trust with others through commitment and collaboration
- Quality Focused: Constantly seeks to achieve best practice. Does not take expedient approaches at the expense of quality outcomes
- Driven by Integrity: Open and honest in dealing with others; candid, sincere and ethical
- Resilient: Able to maintain perspective, with a positive outlook and effectiveness when under pressure
- A self-starter attitude with an ability to operate well both independently and as part of a team
- 5-6 years agency experience (preferably with a focus on healthcare communications, including an understanding of the governing rules/regulations)
- A unique blend of online savvy, as well as digital and social media knowledge
- A proven track record of creativity and innovation when promoting brands
- Connections with media and key brands (you follow communications trends, as well as best practices)
- The ability to effectively manage a program from start to finish, both on time and on budget, with a strong focus on deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Experience working with stakeholder organizations and a range of healthcare professionals and other influencers
- Proven experience managing and mentoring junior staff
The ideal candidate is highly creative, outgoing, strategic, highly organized, deadline-focused and capable of working on multiple assignments at once. The selection process considers fit and attitude – in addition to raw PR skills.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and a letter explaining your qualities and capabilities, and why you believe you would be a great fit for the GCI Health & Wellness team to Talent@GCICanada.com with the subject title “Health & Wellness Account Supervisor and/or Director.”
We look forward to hearing from interested candidates. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.