Public Relations Intern
Do you want hands-on learning and the opportunity to enhance your skills while playing a role on account teams? Are you interested in an opportunity where you can learn about office culture, client projects and a range of activities from monitoring and reporting to fulfilling the needs of a wide range of clients and working with cross functional teams? Then you just might be right for our team!
GCI Canada is an agency of Idea Architects. We develop smart, strategic communication campaigns that are relevant, timely, engaging, and purposeful for some of the best brands in the world. GCI Canada is part of BCW Group and GCI Health Group within the WPP network. Our employees have access to world-class communicators, mentorship, training and development – and best of all the opportunity to expand their skills and become their professional best.
We’re adding an Intern to our team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your resume and tell us what makes you an Idea Architect.
What you’ll do:
No two days are the same, but your key responsibilities include:
- Monitor and track media and influencer coverage in real-time
- Develop and update meeting agendas and status reports
- Manage research, reporting and measurement for clients, under supervision
- Research and order materials for client programs, as required
- Prepare briefing notes for clients, as directed
- Develop and maintain work back schedules / critical paths
- Create and update media and influencer lists, under supervision
- Develop and maintain editorial calendars as required based on project needs
- Develop media materials first drafts (e.g., social media copy, news releases, media pitches, etc.) and conduct media/influencer outreach and follow-up
- Coordinate media materials distribution
- Proofread communications materials
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions for existing clients, new business prospects and internal purposes
- Assist with special events and event planning
- Other administrative duties as required and assigned
- Note: Computer proficiency in a variety of programs is required, notably Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- Location: 155 Queens Quay E, Toronto, ON M5A 0W4 (Hybrid work environment)
- Duration: 12 weeks or based on program requirements
- Compensation: This is a paid internship.
GCI Canada is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We also welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Watch your ideas come to life. Become an Idea Architect.
At GCI Canada we develop smart, strategic campaigns that are relevant, timely, engaging, and purposeful for some of the best brands in the world—and we pride ourselves on executional excellence when putting our ideas into action. If you offer creative brilliance and deliver brilliant execution, you might be our next Idea Architect. Think you are a perfect fit for GCI Canada? Send your resumé to email@example.com.