Watch your ideas come to life. Become an Idea Architect.
At GCI Canada we develop smart, strategic campaigns that are relevant, timely, engaging, and purposeful for some of the best brands in the world—and we pride ourselves on executional excellence when putting our ideas into action. If you offer creative brilliance and deliver brilliant execution, you might be our next Idea Architect. We are not currently hiring for any open positions. Think you are a perfect fit for GCI Canada? Send your resumé to email@example.com. We’ll keep you in mind the next time we’re looking.
Are you a dynamic, creative team player with a passion for all things communications? Do you have experience in media relations, influencer relations, social media and events and are looking to gain more? Are you resourceful, detailed-oriented and focused on flawless execution? Then you just might be right for our team!
GCI Canada is an agency of Idea Architects. We develop smart, strategic campaigns that are relevant, timely, engaging, and purposeful for some of the best brands in the world – and we pride ourselves on executional excellence when putting our ideas into action.
We’re growing, and we want to add a Consultant to our team. The candidate will have strong organization skills and stellar attention to detail including the ability to prioritize and multitask. The ability to work independently, proactively and manage multiple deadlines concurrently are essential. And, of course, as a budding Idea Architect, you’ll be expected to share ideas openly and confidently in meetings and brainstorms.
Think you’ll be the right fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your resume and tell us what makes you an Idea Architect.
A day in the life of a Consultant
No two days are the same, but your key responsibilities include:
- Prepares agendas, activity reports, critical paths and contact reports
- Uses critical paths/workback plans and client planning documents to identify and begin work product to meet deadlines
- Flags potential challenges and opportunities with senior team members and proposes solutions
- Serves as liaison between GCI Canada and suppliers, media and influencers through email correspondence, telephone conversations and virtual and in-person meetings, with guidance from senior team members
- Carries out media relations activities such as: writing first drafts of media materials such as pitches, advisories, news releases, matte stories, invitations; coordinating distribution of media materials; conducting media relations to secure interviews, news coverage and attendance at events
- Works with the team to execute influencer programs, including identification, relationship building and measurement
- Researches venues, suppliers and coordinates logistical arrangements for special events
- Helps with digital community management, including developing editorial calendars, posting content, and flagging comments for response
- Uses web and social media analytics platforms to measure campaign success and provide data-backed recommendations for optimization
- Contributes ideas to program development
- Helps incorporate objectives, strategies, timetables and budgets into client plans
What you’ll bring
- Minimum two years working in communications/public relations (agency experience is preferred)
- A degree or certification in Public Relations or Communications is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, with media and influencers, and with suppliers and vendors
- Strong ability to multitask, work independently, manage time, prioritize and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent attention/commitment to accuracy, detail and quality
- Flexible with the ability to manage spontaneous, last-minute tasks and assignments
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with media monitoring tools, social media, and influencers tools
- Strong research, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to meet and exceed expectations, and to deliver outstanding service
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Teams
What’s in it for you?
- A collaborative, passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Full health benefits package, including personal development reimbursement, and more
- Flexible work environment, including schedule flexibility and the opportunity to work This role is currently remote, but we will return to our office (Toronto, ON) when it is safe to do so while still offering the opportunity to work remotely
- Employee referral bonus
- A career working with various creative teams and client accounts
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
GCI is a small and agile team, so new challenges and opportunities arise. The successful candidate is expected to pitch in with a positive attitude and tackle tasks head-on – including those outside of their core assignments. This job posting does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity.
GCI Canada is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We also welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.