Watch your ideas come to life. Become an Idea Architect.
At GCI Canada we develop smart, strategic campaigns that are relevant, timely, engaging, and purposeful for some of the best brands in the world—and we pride ourselves on executional excellence when putting our ideas into action. If you offer creative brilliance and deliver brilliant execution, you might be our next Idea Architect. We are not currently hiring for any open positions. Think you are a perfect fit for GCI Canada? Send your resumé to email@example.com. We’ll keep you in mind the next time we’re looking.
Media Monitoring Student
Length of placement: TBC
Do you want hands-on learning while completing your PR education? You could play an important role on account teams through our newly created student position focused on media monitoring.
GCI Canada is an agency of idea architects. We develop smart, strategic campaigns for some of the best brands in the world—and we match our big ideas with executional excellence when putting them into action. Media monitoring and reporting play important roles in tracking program success
The successful candidate is eager to learn, demonstrates meticulous attention to detail and is able to support morning media monitoring with a 9:00 a.m. delivery deadline. The role will also include tracking and uploading coverage, which has a more flexible completion deadline.
Think you’d be the right fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your resume and tell us what makes you an Idea Architect.
Under the supervision of account team members, key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct daily media monitoring for clients (shared with the account team; daily availability is desired, but not essential)
- Prepare the monitoring reports for review by the account team by 9:00 a.m.
- Proactively share issues or concerns in a timely manner to ensure the deadline delivery is met
- Add coverage to the coverage trackers, as well as uploading to the reporting tools
- Note: Computer proficiency in a variety of programs is required, notably Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision or Meltwater is an asset
- Timing: targeting January 25, 2020 (or sooner) as the start date
- Hours: TBC approximately 10 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: $15/ hour
GCI Canada is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
People and Culture Manager
Are you passionate about people and developing high performing teams and cultures? Do you want to play a role in creating an environment that is a premier employment destination for top talent in the communications industry? Are you a thoughtful, caring and resourceful human resources professional looking for your next opportunity? Then you just might be right for our team!
GCI is an agency of Idea Architects. We develop smart, strategic campaigns that are relevant and engaging, for some of the best brands in the world. We pride ourselves on executional excellence when putting our ideas into action.
We’re growing and want to add a People and Culture Manager to our team. This is a new role within the agency and reports to the General Manager.
This role will be responsible evaluating current and developing new employee programs, recommending improvements to employee relations policies, supporting recruitment and onboarding, enhancing our already strong culture and supporting our growing and thriving agency of Idea Architects.
Think you’d be the right fit? Email us at email@example.com to share your cover letter and resume and tell us what makes you the ideal People and Culture Manager for our agency.
- Support development and delivery of quality policies, programs and procedures, and constantly review existing policies and methods of delivery to ensure that they are best in class and appropriate to the needs of the business
- Keep abreast of current HR trends and participate in WPP training and development sessions to bring new thinking and ideas to GCI
- Assist in the development and implementation of the performance evaluation process for all levels and work with leadership team on criteria for promotion
- Provide guidance on compensation decisions for new hires, lateral moves, promotions, merit, and market adjustments
- Collaborate with People and Culture colleagues at other WPP agencies to bring best practices to GCI Canada
- Participate in full-cycle recruitment and onboarding process for new employees, including developing job descriptions, posting jobs, vetting resumes and supporting interview process, candidate selection, contract development and onboarding
- Assist in the departure process, including offboarding procedures and exit interviews
- Apply strong project management skills to keep people and culture projects on schedule
- Make presentations on human resources-related matters to staff
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and company policies
- At least five years of full-time working experience in an HR role, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Experience with employee relations, performance management and human resources policies and programs
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Self-starter with an excellent track record of providing smart counsel and ability to collaborate with a broad range of colleagues across different levels.
- Great attitude, energy and passion for the GCI brand, people and culture.
- Strong work ethic, effective team player, results-oriented and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, handle competing tasks and thrive on meeting urgent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- College diploma or university degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Superior experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and TEAMS)
What’s in it for you?
- A collaborative, passionate, smart, fun, and creative team
- Flexible work environment – including schedule flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely (even in non-Covid times!)
- Full health benefits package—including personal development reimbursement, and more
- Employee referral bonus
- An opportunity to define the role and set the bar for a People and Culture Manager at GCI Canada
GCI is a small and agile team, so new challenges and opportunities arise. The successful candidate is expected to pitch in with a positive attitude and tackle tasks head-on – including those outside of their core assignments.
This job posting does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity.
GCI Canada is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.